2005-01-12

 

Informatics Babel

I have started teaching an Intro to Informatics course. It is very nice to get back to teaching. It allows me to re-discover many of the things that got me excited about what I do to begin with. This week, via the course's blog, I asked them to read the Jorge Luis Borges's Library of Babel. It is such a wonderful story. Just like information theory, it is highly economical. No sentence in the text is unnecessary. And it is also complete, in this short story he manages to touch all topics related linguistic information and semiotics. As well as compelling us to think about infinity, God, life...

Every literature Nobel should apologize to the memory of this man.





Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


 

Hang Outs
archives