2010-08-03

 

Echo Beach: On my radio 75-85

As I get near my travel date back to the US, after a long sabbatical in Lisbon, I am enjoying greatly the things I miss most when on the other side: the Ocean and Family. Having my old vinyl collection for this time and listening to it near the Ocean, made me of course go down memory lane. Interesting that some of the things that echo back to mind from the past are not necessarily the things I did most when younger. These echos are what I had in mind when I prepared this long mix. These are sounds that echoed this year back to my mind from the years between 75 and 85. The point was not at all to catalog those years, as I ended up not including artists and tracks that meant a lot to me back then and still do (Miles Davis, Eurythmics, Prince, etc, etc.) But these echoed back, and here they are. I am going to miss this life.






Track Listing:
01 - The Selecter - On My Radio
02 - New Adventures - Come on
03 - The Sparks - This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us
04 - Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
05 - Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue
06 - David Bowie - Fascination
07 - Pointer Sisters - How Long (betcha' got a woman on the side)?
08 - McFadden & Whitehead - Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now
09 - Amanda Lear - Fashion Pack
10 - Santa Esmeralda - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
11 - The Dukes (Bugatty & Musker) - Thank you for the party
12 - Giorgio Moroder - Utopia
13 - Space - Just Blue
14 - Patrick Cowley - Tech No Logical World
15 - Freeez - I.O.U
16 - Heaven 17 - Let Me Go
17 - The Human League - Love Action (I Believe In Love)
18 - Yazoo - Sweet Thing
19 - The Tubes - Turn Me On
20 - Blondie - Eat to the Beat
21 - The Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
22 - Hazel O'Connor - Big Brother
23 - Lene Lovich - Lucky Number
24 - Toyah - Be Proud, Be Loud, Be Heard
25 - Spandau Ballet - To Cut A Long Story Short (Long Mix)
26 - Classix Nouveaux - Never Again (The Days Time Erased)
27 - Duran Duran - Girls On Film (Night Mix)
28 - Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Two Tribes (Annihilation Mix)
29 - ABC - How to be a Zillionaire (Wall St. Mix)
30 - Nina Hagen - Ich Weiss Es Wird Einmal Ein Wunder Geschehen
31 - Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'till You Get Enough (12'' Edit)
32 - France Joli - Gonna Get Over You
33 - Cliff Richard - We don't talk anymore
34 - The Rolling Stones - Miss You (Dance Version)
35 - Martha And The Muffins - Echo Beach
36 - The Police - So Lonely
37 - Echo And The Bunneymen - Never Stop (Discotheque)
38 - John Cooper Clarke - Beasley Street
39 - New Order - Every little counts

Labels:


Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


 

Hang Outs
archives